- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Got Game? Using the Experience API for Personalized, Gamified Learning
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - September 10, 2015
Training and Facilitation Solutions Director
Metro Nashville Public Schools
Chief Learning Officer
Adults learn in different ways and at different rates. Gone are the days of a one-size-fits-all approach to training and development. How can organizations provide personalized, professional learning that motivates adults?
Using the open-source Experience API (xAPI) and a learning record store (LRS), you’ll learn how you can personalize and gamify learning experiences to enhance the learner’s experience and increase course completion rates. Although gamified learning can be more expensive to design, there are ways to increase the return on investment (ROI) and still support behaviorist learning theory.
In this session, you will learn:
- How you can use the Experience API (xAPI) to create personalized learning for adults
- How to provide gamified learning
- The theory behind using gamification to motivate adult learning
Novice to advanced designers, developers, managers, directors, VPs, and CLOs who are familiar with adult learning theory.
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA
- Training & Development Instructional Designer (Mid-Career)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States