- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
If You Don’t Have GAME, Don’t Gamify
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - September 9, 2015
With employee engagement levels declining, gamification can be a tool to increase your staff’s motivation, spark learning, and help create more functional and enthusiastic teams. Gamification has become quite the buzzword in recent years; however, the idea of using game elements in learning is nothing new. What is new is the idea of researching and deconstructing what makes games so effective in terms of engagement and fun, and finding ways to leverage those elements to increase motivation and drive organizational culture and social change.
Participants in this session will explore the theoretical and application sides of gamification. You’ll examine examples of gamification that have worked in organizations that “don’t play games.” You’ll learn how gamification can offer a new way of looking at training, extending performance support into the workplace. You’ll receive a framework you can use to design your own gamification solution—a GAME plan that will help you identify the relevant goals, audience, mechanics, and experiences.
In this session, you will learn:
- The difference between gamification and games
- Common elements of gamification, including points, badges, and leaderboards
- How gamification can drive motivation and engagement
- How you can use the acronym GAME (goals, audience, mechanics, experience) as a guide in designing gamified learning solutions
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Digital Learning Technologist
Buffalo, New York
- Senior Specialist, ELearning Systems Administrator
- Manager, Training & Development - Fanatics Brands
- Global Customer Success Intern - Digital Learning Content D
Rock Hill, SC, USA
- Contract Instructional Designer
Remote - USA