Games and gamification have captured the mind-set of learning and development professionals around the world. It seems that every time you turn around, there is a new gamified approach to learning or a new learning game that someone is implementing. Games/gamification seem to hold tremendous potential for overcoming traditional “boring eLearning.” But there are questions: How do we know that games/gamification really work for learning? How do they affect memory and retention?
Drawing from academic studies and practical case studies, participants in this session will explore the answers to these questions. You’ll hear two experts discuss how games and gamification positively impact learning, how that learning happens, and when it’s best to implement games and gamification.
In this session, you will learn:
- How you can use games/gamification to increase retention and knowledge
- How companies have used games/gamification for positive impact
- How playing a game or using gamified learning impacts learning and memory
- How to intelligently implement a game/gamification for maximum learning impact
- About the current trends in and expected future for games/gamification for learning
Intermediate to advanced learning professionals.
You do not have access to these handouts. Please log in or join with a free membership to view these handouts.Log In Join
You do not have access to this recording. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this recording.Log In Join