- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Let’s Get Real About LMS Selection
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - May 20, 2015
Jennifer De Vries
The statistics are staggering: At any given time, almost half of all learning management system (LMS) owners are looking to replace their system. Why is there so much upheaval with this big-ticket item? In many cases, the reason is that the purchasing process is not conducive to finding and purchasing the best LMS to meet the organization’s needs. Buying and implementing a new LMS is a large and costly endeavor—and it can save a lot of time, money, and aggravation to do it correctly the first time.
In this session, you will review the research on LMS satisfaction and discuss some of the possible underlying causes of dissatisfaction. You will learn the essential elements to include when writing LMS requirements, as well as tips for working with LMS vendors. Whether you are in the process of selecting your first LMS or replacing your existing one, this session will provide you with the information you need to choose the best LMS for your organization’s needs.
In this session, you will learn:
- About eLearning industry research on learning management system (LMS) satisfaction
- The common causes of LMS dissatisfaction
- The essential elements of LMS requirements
- Tips for working with LMS vendors
Intermediate and advanced project managers, managers, directors, and VPs. Ideally, audience members will have used some administrative functions in an LMS.
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Digital Learning Technologist
Buffalo, New York
- Senior Specialist, ELearning Systems Administrator
- Manager, Training & Development - Fanatics Brands
- Global Customer Success Intern - Digital Learning Content D
Rock Hill, SC, USA
- Contract Instructional Designer
Remote - USA