- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Redefining Engagement: Choice and Personalization in eLearning
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - January 28, 2015
BMO Financial Group
When building a leadership program for individual contributors, BMO Financial Group discovered that traditional eLearning approaches weren’t enough to keep their participants engaged. Because some individual contributors were on a path toward management while others wanted to continue to contribute as specialists, BMO couldn’t rely on a linear progression of modules and topics—to feel relevant, the program needed to be tailored for each person. How could they develop a single program that would give learners the skills they needed to be successful in their current roles and prepare them for future positions? Rethinking how to build eLearning to appeal to a wide variety of different learners, BMO created an immersive learning experience influenced by video games and social media that included more personalization, social interaction, and most importantly, choice.
In this case-study session, you’ll learn how BMO built a multidimensional learning experience that allows learners to customize their programs to fit their career paths. You’ll discover how BMO used learner choice as an engagement tool using video games as inspiration, and how they added a blended social experience to personalize the content and drive discussion.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to design eLearning for multiple employee career paths
- How to personalize eLearning to create more engaging content
- Strategies for designing eLearning with video-game elements that give learners more choice
- How to use social media to personalize content and drive further learner engagement
Novice designers and developers. No prerequisite knowledge required.
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Senior Specialist, ELearning Systems Administrator
- Manager, Training & Development - Fanatics Brands
- Global Customer Success Intern - Digital Learning Content D
Rock Hill, SC, USA
- Contract Instructional Designer
Remote - USA
- Register as an Expert Partner