806 Using Mobile Devices for Continuous Learning
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Wednesday, March 28
Continuous learning is a widely accepted goal, but how do you make this work? How do you keep learners coming back, and how do you structure content over time to keep learners engaged?
Starting from the assertion that active eLearning is the key to effective continuous learning, this session will describe how a blend of mobile notifications, spaced learning, and periodic engagement builders can combine with gamification and other tactics to ensure employees remain engaged and learning continuously.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the importance of “interruption” in continuous learning
- Practical ideas for how to schedule mobile engagement
- About the importance of salience to ongoing learning
- About new approaches to context relevance that only mobile can provide
- About months-long engagement cycles and how to “goose” engagement
Intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers with eLearning experience.
Hugh Seaton is GM of Adept Reality, a software company focused on using VR/AR in adult learning. Prior to Adept, Hugh founded AquinasVR, a VR/AR software company which he sold to the Glimpse Group, parent of Adept. Hugh’s focus, whether in immersive technologies, IoT or artificial intelligence, is on the intersection of learning science, creativity, and the cutting edge technologies that can bring learning to new levels of effectiveness.