Learning 2021 Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: October 6, 2021
Registration Cancellation Policy
All requests to cancel or transfer attendee registrations must be submitted in writing and can be emailed to service@LearningGuild.com or faxed to +1.707.566.8963. Substitutions can be made at any time up to November 5, 2021. Please call +1.707.566.8990 to arrange a substitution.
For Learning 2021 Online registrations received prior to close of business on November 12, 2021:
- No refunds will be issued
- Substitutions may be made to another person
For online conference cancellations received after November 12, 2021:
- No refunds or substitutions will be issued.
Code of Conduct Policy
If you are being harassed or notice that someone else is being harassed, please bring it to the immediate attention of the event staff by flagging inappropriate posts, reaching out directly to a Learning Guild team member via the messaging option of the event platform, or by contacting Executive Director David Kelly at dkelly@LearningGuild.com.
Learning 2021 team members can be identified by searching Learning Guild in the community section of the event platform.
Face-to-Face Event Cancellation Policy
In the unlikely event Learning 2021 is unable to take place as a face-to-face event, it will be conducted as Learning 2021 Online. Your registration will be applied to that event (no refunds will be given), with the following additional benefits:
- You will have access to Learning 2021 Online, an event consisting of over 60 sessions and experiences that will be produced live or recorded, all of which you will also have access to on demand at your own convenience.
- You will receive two additional complimentary passes to Learning 2021 Online to share with others your team.
- You will receive 50% off your conference registration for next year’s Learning 2022, or any Learning Guild conference in 2022 (fully transferable).
- Your pre-conference workshop registrations (if applicable) will be rolled into next year’s Learning, or any Learning Guild conference in 2022 (fully transferable).
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (the "Terms") apply to all delegate ticket bookings for conferences, congresses, events, exhibitions, forums, one to one meetings, seminars, shows, summits and/or webinars (including virtual events) (each an "Event") held by CSM Learning, LLC and for the purposes of these Terms:
- "CSM Learning, LLC", a Delaware corporation, and its direct and indirect subsidiaries and parent entities and the direct and indirect subsidiaries of each parent entity, and a member of CSM Learning, LLC means any of them; and
- references in these terms to "CSM Learning, LLC", "we", "us", "our" means CSM Learning, LLC holding the Event concerned.
These Terms, and any other terms communicated as part of the booking process, apply to all events held by us in the United States. Please read the Terms carefully before making a booking.
- About the Terms
- These Terms, and any other terms communicated as part of the booking process (including on the booking form and/or your ticket) together with any other terms in relation to your specific Event, govern the agreement between CSM Learning, LLC and the person making the booking and/or attending the Event ("you").
- If you are purchasing Event tickets on behalf of other delegates (as part of a group or otherwise), such delegates will also be bound by the Terms and by booking their Event tickets, you agree to provide the Terms to those delegates and to ensure they comply with these Terms.
- Booking and Payment
- You can purchase and/or request Event tickets on our main website or the relevant Event website, by contacting us using the contact details on our main website or the relevant Event website or onsite at certain Events. If you are purchasing and/or requesting Event tickets on behalf of delegates, you can purchase and/or request Event tickets on our main website, the relevant Event website or by contacting us by phone.
- Submitting an Event booking request does not guarantee your place at an Event. Your place is only secured when we send you your booking confirmation via email to the email address that you have provided as part of the booking.
- Where a fee is required as part of your Event ticket, fees can be paid by credit or debit card on our website or via bank transfer. All invoices for attendance at an Event must be paid within 60 days of the date of the invoice or if sooner, prior to your attendance at the Event.
- Your Event ticket code(s) will be emailed to you no later than 1 week before the Event. If you have not received your code in this timeframe, please contact us using the details on our website or the relevant Event website. You can pick up your Event ticket at the onsite registration desk at the Event venue, subject to producing your Event ticket code.
- Cancellation by you
- All requests to cancel registrations must be submitted in writing and can be emailed to service@LearningGuild.comn or faxed to +1.707.566.8963.
- For conference cancellations received November 12, 2021:
- No refunds will be issued.
- Substitutions may be made to another person.
- For full conference cancellations received after November 12, 2021:
- No refunds or substitutions will be issued.
- Transfer or substitution of tickets
- You are not permitted to resell or transfer your event ticked to another individual, or allow another individual to attend in place of the named delegate, without our prior written permission.
- Substitutions can be made at any time up to November 12, 2021. Please call +1.707.566.8990 to arrange a substitution.
- Registrations cannot be transferred to another event more than once.
- If in person, you must notify us of any changes before the dates listed above.
- If virtually, you must notify us of any changes before the start time shown on your event ticket and you must not share your access to the virtual event with another individual without our prior written approval.
- Rescheduling, replacement, cancellation, and amendment by us
- We aim to provide the Events as described but we reserve the right to reschedule, replace, cancel and/or amend an Event.
- We reserve the right to reschedule or replace Events for any reason and at our sole discretion. Where possible, we will provide you with reasonable notice about the rescheduling or replacement of an Event, however, it is ultimately your responsibility to ascertain whether an Event has been rescheduled or replaced. If we choose to reschedule or replace an Event, we reserve the right to apply your ticket to the rescheduled or replacement Event (including where that is the version of the Event held in a subsequent year) and your Event ticket and associated ticket fee will automatically apply to the rescheduled or replacement Event and you will not receive a refund. If we choose to reschedule or replace an Event, these Terms will apply to the rescheduled or replacement Event.
- If we are unable to reschedule or replace an Event in accordance with clause 5.2, we will cancel the Event and take reasonable steps to notify you by email at least one month before the date of the Event. However, if we have to cancel the Event at short notice due to exceptional circumstances, we cannot guarantee that you will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the Event. It is your responsibility to ascertain whether an Event has been canceled before the date of the Event. We will automatically refund the full price of your tickets to the original booking card plus any booking fees that you incurred. Please allow 90 working days for your refund to be processed. We will not otherwise be liable to you for any expenses, losses or costs that you have incurred in relation to the Event.
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion to change any aspects of an Event, including but not limited to, the Event name, program, content, format, speakers, venue and timings on the scheduled day. Any such changes do not entitle you to cancel your Event booking or to a refund of any part of your Event ticket or booking.
- Force majeure
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage caused to or suffered by you as a direct or indirect result of a failure by us to perform all or any of our obligations in relation to an Event to the extent that the failure is caused by events, circumstances or causes beyond our control or where performance would be inadvisable, commercially impracticable, illegal or impossible.
- Event conduct
- Whilst attending an Event, you must behave respectfully towards your fellow delegates and other attendees and Event staff, guest speakers, exhibitors and sponsors, and comply with:
- all applicable law (including health and safety requirements), including applicable state and federal laws;
- any instructions given by CSM Learning, LLC or staff at the Event venue;
- these Terms; and
- the terms and conditions of the Event venue, relevant website and/or platform.
- You are responsible for your own safety whilst attending an Event. Subject to clauses 12.1 and 12.2 of these Terms, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you. You should also arrange your own insurance coverage for attending the Event.
- To enter certain Events and as appropriate, you might be required to provide proof of identification, proof of occupation, proof of membership of a professional body and/or membership number or your student card to receive your Event entry pass.
- Whilst attending an Event, you must not:
- photograph, film, record or livestream any part of an Event without our prior written permission;
- undertake any canvassing, suitcasing, soliciting, leafleting, demonstrations, objectionable behaviour or any other disruptive or unauthorised activity;
- conduct any business or marketing whilst attending an Event unless you are registered with us as an exhibitor or sponsor for that particular Event and in that case, you must act in accordance with our separate exhibitor and sponsor terms;
- bring the Event or CSM Learning, LLC (including any member of CSM Learning, LLC) into disrepute;
- be prejudicial to the image and/or reputation of the Event or CSM Learning, LLC (including any member of CSM Learning, LLC); and
- do anything that would or is likely to endanger other delegates, attendees, Event staff, guest speakers, exhibitors, sponsors or the general public.
- By attending an Event, you acknowledge and accept that we or persons authorized by us (whether acting on our behalf or otherwise) may be photographing, filming, recording or live streaming an Event and we reserve the right to use photographs, images, sound recordings and video footage taken at the Event and screenshots, chat room content and other content from virtual, social media or similar environments made available by us or on our behalf in respect of the Event in future or other Events and any marketing materials or media including social media which may include, but is not limited to, your name, voice or image.
- Unless otherwise specified or agreed in advance in writing with CSM Learning, LLC, children under the age of 18 years are not permitted to attend any of our Events.
- If you do not comply with these Terms, we reserve the right to refuse entry and/or remove you from an Event.
- Pandemics or epidemics
- You should not attend an Event in person if at the time of the Event:
- you are experiencing or have experienced any Covid-19 (or any other infectious disease) symptoms (as published by the government of the country in which the Event is held or in the country in which you reside) in the last 14 days;
- you have come into contact with another individual who has Covid-19 (or any other infectious disease) or is experiencing Covid-19 (or any other infectious disease) symptoms; or
- it is recommended that you self-isolate or quarantine (for example, in accordance with guidelines issued by the CDC or other federal, state or local public health agency).
- We reserve the right to impose conditions of entry to our Events, where we consider these to be necessary to comply with government rules and guidance in relation to Covid-19 and any other infectious diseases, pandemics or epidemics. This may include undertaking health screening prior to entry of an Event (such as a temperature check) or requiring you to wear personal protective equipment such as masks or other face coverings (unless you are exempt).
- You must follow all applicable government and venue laws, rules and guidance in relation to Covid-19 and any other infectious diseases, pandemics or epidemics at all times when attending our Events. In particular, you should follow the recommended hygiene measures and observe social distancing guidelines. We reserve the right to update the measures in place at an Event without prior notice to you and we also reserve the right to remove any delegates that do not comply with the rules or where we otherwise consider it appropriate in the interest of safety for others attending an Event.
- Virtual events
- If you are attending a virtual event, you will receive joining details via the email address that you provided at least 48 hours before the Event is due to start or 1 business day if registration is received after the event has started. Please check your junk and spam emails to check for the joining details. If you have not received the joining details 48 hours beforehand, please contact us using the details on our website or the relevant Event website.
- For our virtual Events, we endeavor to provide constant, uninterrupted access to the relevant website and content but we cannot guarantee that it will be available for the duration of the Event. We are also not liable for any delay or failure to deliver the virtual Event content caused by third parties (such as speakers).
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have appropriate equipment, software and sufficient network access to attend a virtual Event.
- Intellectual property rights
- We retain all intellectual property rights in relation to our Events including in any content relating to our Events. We may provide a license to third parties to use content from an Event at our sole discretion.
- You may use content relating to an Event solely for your own personal use and not for resale, distribution or any commercial purposes.
- Data protection
- Limitation of liability
- Other than as expressly stated in these Terms, all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or law, are to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded.
- Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or restrict our liability, including liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation and any matter for which it would be unlawful to exclude or restrict liability.
- Subject to clauses 12.1 and 12.2, we are not liable for:
- loss of profits;
- loss of sales or business;
- loss of agreements or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of use or corruption of software data or information;
- loss of or damage to goodwill; and
- indirect or consequential loss.
- Subject to clauses 12.1 and 12.2, our maximum aggregate liability in contract, tort, or otherwise (including any liability for any negligent act or omission) howsoever arising out of or in connection with the performance of our obligations under these Terms shall be limited to the amount paid for the Event ticket.
- The views and materials produced by speakers at Events are their own and we do not recommend, endorse or promote the views, acts or omissions of any speakers or any other attendees at our Events. We are also not liable for any information provided or distributed as part of an Event and it shall not constitute advice and nor should any reliance be placed upon it.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and any terms and conditions stated on your ticket and/or booking form, these Terms shall take precedence unless any separate terms and conditions state that they take precedence partially or in their entirety.
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between CSM Learning, LLC and you and supersede and extinguish all previous agreements between CSM Learning, LLC and you, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion to update these Terms from time to time to reflect changes in the law, to meet regulatory requirements or to reflect new industry guidance and codes of practice without providing you with notice and you agree to be subject to and bound by any such updates. You are advised to review these Terms periodically for any changes. These Terms were last updated on the date first set forth above.
- If you have any questions about these Terms, our Events or any other issues, please contact us by email at service@LearningGuild.com, by mail at 266 West 37th St floor 12, New York, NY 10018 and by telephone at +1.707.566.8990.
- Governing Law
- These Terms (including any non-contractual matters arising from or in connection with these Terms) are governed by the laws of Delaware and the courts of Delaware shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including any non-contractual dispute or claim) arising out of or in connection with these Terms.
Code of Conduct
How to report harassment
If you are being harassed, or notice that someone else is being harassed, please bring it to the immediate attention of the event staff, or contact our CEO, David Kelly, at dkelly@LearningGuild.com.
Conference staff can be identified by staff name tags and their blue shirts/sweaters marked with The Learning Guild logo. During most of the conference, the easiest place to quickly locate a staff member is at the Registration desk.
Why do we have a code of conduct?
At The Learning Guild, we assume that most people are respectful and well-intended. We also want everyone to enjoy the conference itself and the great networking and community richness that happens when we get together in person.
To do that, though, we need every Learning Guild conference to be a harassment-free experience for everyone. And that’s why we will not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form—in person or online. A code of conduct helps us be clear about what is considered harassment and how to report it if it happens.
How do we define harassment?
Harassment includes offensive verbal or written comments related to gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion (or lack thereof); displaying sexual images in public spaces; deliberate intimidation; stalking; following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Sponsors and vendors are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, sponsors should not use sexualized images, activities, or materials. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
What actions will be taken?
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including expulsion from the conference with no refund.
We thank you for your help in keeping the event welcoming, respectful, and friendly to all participants.