1006 Video on Demand: Keeping Success in the Workflow
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Friday, June 10
The quickening pace of change and increasing learner expectations demand learning approaches that can be produced quickly, at lower cost, and are easily accessible and readily available. Removing employees from the workflow for classroom sessions is not always feasible, nor does it provide the necessary just-in-time support. At the same time, the knowledge and information learners must have to support customers has expanded. Finally, the workforce is more distributed, more virtual.
In this session, you will learn how State Farm successfully developed and deployed a new learning approach, video on demand, to address these challenges. You will explore the process for creating video on demand and how it is helping State Farm address just-in-time learning needs faster and at a lower cost while taking learners out of the workflow for shorter periods of time. This approach makes the learning solutions more sustainable, easier to maintain, and available to learners when and where they need them (email, website, learning management systems, collaborative communities, etc.).
In this session, you will learn:
- How video on demand is creating a new learning culture that enables learning in the workflow
- How video on demand allows L&D professionals, with little to no video production experience, to create short, relevant videos to address emergent learning and performance gaps
- How video on demand is reducing cost and time to production
- How people, technology, and processes were integrated to create a new learning approach
- About the software tools available for creating short, effective video content
Novice and intermediate designers.
discussed in this session:
Camtasia Studio, Audacity, PowerPoint, and Skype for Business.
Learning Technologies Analyst
State Farm Insurance
Jason Maloy, a senior learning technologies analyst at State Farm Insurance Cos., has researched, tested, implemented, and supported eLearning tools, techniques, and technology for nearly eight years. He currently leads the video on demand learning approach efforts for L&D at State Farm. Jason is a lead virtual trainer for video on demand software including Camtasia Studio, Camtasia Relay, and Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business. He is a co-facilitator for the State Farm enterprise cultural awareness and Spanish skills aid program.