P04 Project Management Focused on Performance
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM Monday, October 27
Today’s work world often means days in chaotic and fast-paced environments with strained time and resources. Being responsible for managing projects in this chaos is a daunting task, especially when dealing with workers who wear multiple hats.
In this workshop you will discover how to balance tactical and strategic work to drive results that lead to successful projects. You will explore a number of checklists and tools that can help keep your projects, and the workers that support them, on target with minimal investment of time and budget. You will use simulations and templates to practice how to prioritize project- associated work. You will explore how to manage relationships with key stakeholders to ensure knowledge sharing and clarity on roles and assignments and you will learn the importance of a project charter for shared language and accountability.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to map the company strategy to project prioritization and job processes
- How to prioritize the work to focus on and complete each day
- How to differentiate between project-management and job-process work
- How to use portfolios to drive accountability, and eliminate redundant and repeated work
- How to define the roles of the project manager, project sponsor, and other key project stakeholders
- How to effectively sponsor a project through clear communication and governance
- How to create a project charter to ensure that all projects derive clear value to the business
Novice to advanced project managers, managers, directors, VPs, CLOs, and executives responsible for leading and supporting the success of a team or organization.
Technology discussed in this session:
Focused-performance business plan templates to determine each individual’s OWN unique plan. Project-charter and project-scheduling techniques and tools. Communication assessments (TTI-SI behaviors and motivators).
Managing Practice Director, Learning Services
Lou Russell is director of learning at Moser Consulting. As an executive consultant, speaker, and author, she channels her passion to create growth in companies by growing their people. Lou inspires greatness in leadership, projects, and teams. She is the author of popular books on leadership, teams and project management. Lou blends her stories with practical ideas so you solve complex problems. Encouraged by Lou's upbeat and practical style, you'll leave with new tools and renewed hope. You will be laughing, participating, and challenged. Most importantly to Lou, you will learn.