SEMT204 Leveraging AR/VR for Collaborative Distance Learning
1:15 PM - 2:00 PM Thursday, October 24
Expo Hall: Emerging Tech Stage
Enterprise clients are looking for a way to showcase and provide internal and external training on complex products and processes in an immersive experience, but making 3D virtual reality presentations has historically required specialized software developers, which restricts some companies from being able to access these capabilities and causes increased costs for others.
In this session, you will learn how to create, edit, and maintain your own immersive training experiences. Using your own subject matter expertise on your products and processes, and by leveraging the advanced capabilities of augmented virtual reality, you can rapidly create digitalized solutions that are cost-effective, user-friendly, and that can accelerate and streamline the learning experience.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to create immersive presentations in minutes that can be published directly to desktop/VR/mobile
- How to create a learning environment that can engage multiple learners in multiple locations on multiple platforms (whether on desktop, VR headset, mobile)
- How to create better communication and comprehension through engaging 3D environments
- How to save development time and traditional costs associated with distance learning
- How to maintain security while transferring lessons
Julia Pelton oversees project management at Modest Tree, which include virtual and augmented reality development projects for military, airlines, and original equipment manufacturers. Julia is passionate about utilizing virtual and augmented reality technologies for workplace learning applications. With a bachelor’s degree in environmental science and international development, a certificate in project management, and a master’s degree in business administration, Julia has worked across varied industries throughout her career. She has over 10 years’ experience overseeing all phases of multi-million-dollar projects that span energy, defense, aerospace, and healthcare.