P15 Transforming Your Learning Strategy—the Mobile Impact
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM Tuesday, November 15
Mobile has completely transformed how people find information and interact with the world. The impact has been revolutionary, but what impact has it had on your L&D strategy? Now is the time to rethink how, what, and when you provide training and support, and focus on creating new impactful learning opportunities that drive learning outcomes and provide true business value. Now is the time to gain the mobile learning advantage.
In this workshop, you will realize the impact of mobile on your strategy, from vision to implementation. You will explore the unique affordances of mobile, discuss potential strategic objectives, and see how other organizations are implementing them in learning solutions. You will explore the three-step strategy process: strategic vision, strategic road map, and pilot strategy. You will examine key questions to consider when determining your mobile learning vision and strategic objectives, discuss the goals of a strategic road map, and review the key considerations when designing your pilot strategy. You will also discover tips for a successful implementation.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the three categories for mobile learning intent, and technologies or approaches to implement
- About the unique affordances of mobile technologies and the new opportunities they provide for next-generation learning and performance support strategy
- From examples showing how other organizations are gaining a strategic advantage with mobile learning
- How to get started documenting your mobile learning vision and the key business questions you need to address
- How to set goals for and create your strategic road map
- About the key considerations and best practices for designing your mobile learning pilot strategy
Novice and intermediate designers, project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
discussed in this session:
Android, iOS, tablets, SMS, microlearning, video, AR, native and web apps, interactive iBooks, ARGs (alternate reality games), and more.
President & Chief Learning Strategist
Brenda Enders is the president and chief learning strategist for Enders Consulting, a St. Louis, MO-based company. She is a consultant, author, and public speaker specializing in leveraging innovative technologies to improve employee performance. She has 19 years’ experience in the learning and development field. Brenda’s first book, Manager’s Guide to Mobile Learning, was published in 2013. Prior to founding Enders Consulting, Brenda was the chief learning strategist and learning services practice leader for a custom learning solutions provider for 12 years, where she led the design and deployment of innovative and award-winning custom learning solutions.