304 Gaining Business Leadership Support: eLearning as a Capitalized Investment
4:15 PM - 5:15 PM Wednesday, October 29
Van Gogh 2
Management often views training efforts as a line expense for a specific period. Rarely is any type of training activity considered an investment apart from specific tangible elements. eLearning and mLearning initiatives are considered investments since they require tangible financial requirements, including technology and supporting infrastructure viewed as capital expenditures.
In this session you will discuss the specific financial literacy tools used to build a comprehensive financial structure to support your eLearning and mLearning projects and gain senior management buy-in. You will explore why trying to convince based only on qualitative factors is insufficient. You will use tools including cost-volume-profit, break-even, and net-present-value to evaluate a training investment—the same tools senior management uses to run the business.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to define capital investment evaluation tools and apply financial tools to build an effective case for eLearning and mLearning
- How to utilize the financial results to build a case for an initiative
- The skills to communicate eLearning and mLearning effectiveness
- How to implement an eLearning and mLearning budgetary forecasting process to demonstrate the extended impact the initiative will have on an organization
- How to benchmark financial performance to evaluate the lifecycle of the initiative and assess whether external sources are more effective
Novice and intermediate project managers, managers, directors, and VPs with basic comprehension of financial concepts.
discussed in this session:
Performance Strategist, Author, Managing Partner
Ajay Pangarkar is a Certified Professional Accountant and Certified Training and Development Professional. He's a published author. His third book is titled The Trainers Balanced Scorecard: A Complete Resource for Linking Learning and Growth to Organizational Strategy. Other books include The Trainers Portable Mentor and Building Business Acumen for Trainers. CentralKnowledge was recognized by TrainingMag in 2008 as Project of the Year for their work with Apple. He's also an award-winning writer winning the 2014 and 2015 prestigious TrainingIndustry.com Readership and Editors' Award. Ajay was recently awarded Elearning Magazine's 2016 Learning Champion. Ajay is a regular on the #1 Montreal Talk Radio morning show.