STRS105 Simple Strategies You Can Adopt Right Now to Support Personalized Learning
2:15 PM - 3:00 PM Wednesday, October 23
Expo Hall: Strategic Solutions Stage
Research shows that personalization increases learner engagement, however many organizations struggle to provide personalized learning. Why? Because without the right content strategy, it's tough to personalize at scale. This session will explore some simple things you can do right now to go beyond one-size-fits-all solutions that won't end up overwhelming your team.
In this session you will learn about key content management strategies and straight-forward design approaches that can be applied to the tools your teams are already using.
In this session, you will learn:
- Common challenges associated with developing, delivering, and maintaining content at scale
- How targeted, chunked, and consistent content is the foundation of truly personalized content
- How to evaluate your existing content for ease of personalization
- Techniques to create targeted, chunked, and consistent content
- How technology can help your teams and content scale effectively
- The key differences between an LMS, LCMS, LRS, and LXP, and how they fit together
Developers, managers, senior leaders (directors, VP, CLO, executive, etc.)
David Dye brings more than 20 years of experience in education and training to his role as account executive at Xyleme, including eight years as an instructional designer. David is passionate about helping organizations solve learning content management problems and works closely with prospective partners to help identify how technology can improve their content development and management processes. David earned a BA in English from University of Florida and an MEd in instructional technology from University of South Florida.