SEMT101 Trends in Learning Today: Where Should I Focus?
10:00 AM - 10:45 AM Wednesday, October 23
Expo Hall: Emerging Tech Stage
With the constant changing and evolution of technology, we need to understand what is possible and how to determine what is a fit for your audience. Join us for this in-depth look at what tools, design, and technologies we should focus on in learning today, and what’s just around the corner. We’ll dissect what technology will be enhancing learning, and what we need to get excited about and start planning how to integrate into our solutions. What can we learn from the buzz and new tools appearing in the consumer and corporate environments and how can we take advantage of them to help our audiences succeed? This fun session will give you dozens of ideas and reboot your brain with fresh perspectives on how to enhance your learning today.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to design amazing experience for your learners
- How to improve content architecture, data design, and tagging to help your audience find the content they need
- How personalization of content can improve learning
- How gamification can fit best into your learning strategy
- What tools, apps, and open source elements to explore
- How to get started with a personal learning network
- Tools & apps to help improve brainstorming and creativity on your next project
Sealworks Interactive Studios
Nick Floro, a co-founder and learning architect at Sealworks Interactive Studios, has over 25 years of experience developing learning solutions, applications, and web platforms. Nick is passionate about how design and technology can enhance learning and loves to share his knowledge and experience to teach, inspire and motivate. As a learning architect, Nick gets to sketch, imagine, and prototype for each challenge. He has worked with start-ups to Fortune 500 companies to help them understand the technology and develop innovative solutions to support their audiences. Nick has won numerous awards from Apple and organizations for productions and services, and has been able to reach over a million users with his latest project, which helps students in grades 2-12 learn how to think and write an essay critically.