Coach/Host/Producer for Online Events
Job Title: Online Event Coach/Host/Producer
Responsible to: Online Events Production Manager
Founded in 2002, The Learning Guild is a global community of practice with
more than 68,000 members worldwide. The Learning Guild, a media company, is
focused on serving the needs of those who leverage learning technologies to
manage, design, and develop learning solutions for improving individual and
Online Coach/Host/Producer is a remote
contract position helping presenters prepare for and deliver effective and engaging
online event sessions.
This position reports to the
Online Events Production Manager. This
position is part of a virtual and growing team producing online learning
experiences. To be successful in this position, you must have solid online experience
in coaching adult professionals, delivering training, designing instruction,
and be familiar with the L&D space. You must have advanced online
presentation skills as well as the ability to coach others in online
presentation techniques. You must have advanced skills in Zoom meeting and
webinar, Zoom Events, be proficient in Adobe Connect, and knowledgeable about other
web conferencing platforms such as Airmeet, GoToWebinar, WebEx, and other online-event/virtual-classroom/social
learning platforms. Intermediate skills with PowerPoint or other presentation
software is needed, as is knowledge of other online presentation applications.
This position requires a positive presenter-service attitude and the ability to
work independently but also as part of a team, juggling multiple priorities,
and meeting (and helping presenters meet) deadlines.
Working with the Online Events
Production Manager and other team members, you will be responsible for helping
presenters prepare for and deliver effective and appealing online sessions. No
travel is required. Work hours for this position are partly flexible but
require specific availability for live events. You will need to provide your
availability, and based on that availability, you will be assigned Online Event
sessions. Online Conferences are two-day events held on Wednesday and Thursday,
with four sessions each day, from 8:30am – 2:00 pm US/Canada Pacific. You will
need to be online and logged in at least 30 minutes before the Online Event
sessions assigned to you, as well as from 2:15pm – 3:15 pm US/Canada Pacific
Time, usually on the Thursday of an Online Conference for team debrief
meetings. There are opportunities for other Online Event sessions as well.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In advance of each Online Event
session, meet in the conference platform with the presenter(s) approximately two or three times to prepare them and
their presentation using a prescribed methodology.
- Ensure that each presenter’s
technical setup—including hardware,
software, and connectivity—is appropriate and functioning properly.
- Coach presenter(s) on platform capabilities such as polls, chat,
slides, screen sharing, breakout rooms, and sharing video and audio files.
- Coach presenter(s) on
presentation style, speech pattern, educational content, materials design, and
- Starting with a prescribed session
framework, work with or without presenter/instructor(s) to set up the online session
utilizing the capabilities of the platform.
- Remind presenter of upcoming deadlines.
- Solicit and review presenter
handouts or other materials.
- Make certain presenter(s) know
when they need to arrive for their sessions.
- Escalate issues
as needed to the Online Events Production Manager.
- Serve as the host during each
online session; introducing and supporting the presenter(s), and welcoming and
providing basic instruction to participants.
- Start and stop session
recordings at the appropriate times,
noting if any edits during the session need to be made.
- Manage the session room,
including admitting participants, running polls, moderating participant questions, keeping track of time, responding
to participant feedback and suggestions, managing breakout rooms, etc., and
troubleshooting technical issues.
- Work with the
technical-support person for each session to ensure a quality presenter and user
- As requested, help the
presenter with specific session elements.
- Close each session,
encouraging participants to complete any surveys or perform any follow-up
activities as appropriate.
- Reporting –
- During the run-up to an
event, respond to event status inquiries in a timely manner regarding
presenter/session preparation progress and issues.
- Maintain presenter-tracking
files during preparations.
- Attend and report at team
Required Skills, Knowledge,
- Expertise in troubleshooting technical issues with Zoom, Adobe Connect,
and other online-event/virtual classroom platforms.
- Experience and proficiency using Google docs; sharing documents with
- Ability to think on your feet and improvise solutions
- Presenter-service attitude (your job will be to make the presenters
look good, offer suggestions, act as their support person, without promoting yourself).
- Ability to remain calm and helpful, and respond quickly, during
- Highly effective presentation skills, including good diction.
- Intermediate or better skills with Microsoft PowerPoint or other presentation software.
- Reliable access to a Windows or Mac desktop or laptop computer; wired,
high-speed internet connection; cell phone, and quiet workspace for preparation
session and live events.
- Consistently use positive language with presenters, participants, and
- Self-directed, focused, detail-oriented, deadline-driven,
and capable of juggling multiple
assignments at the same time.
- Possesses the highest caliber organizational and planning skills.
- Works effectively with remote team members, vendors, presenters, and
- Upholds the highest ethical standards and operates with integrity.
- Creative and innovative.
- Intrigued with new technology and ideas.
- Associate’s degree or higher.
- Five or more years of
experience coaching adult professionals, delivering training, and designing
- Five or more years of
experience producing online events and courses in other online-event/virtual
- This position reports to the Online Events Production Manager.
- You will also work closely with other Online Coach/Hosts, marketing
staff, and support staff.
The Learning Guild requires that Online Coach/Hosts use a specific methodology,
we will provide training. You will likely
receive this training
with other newly hired Online Coach/Hosts.
- This is a contract (1099) position, invoiced and paid on a flat rate, per-assignment basis.
- We will also pay you a flat fee for the time you spend training on our methodology.
- This is a remote opportunity. Currently, most of our events are
programmed during the North American/European work day.
- You will be paid in US dollars.
How to Apply
To be considered for this
opportunity, please send a cover letter and your résumé/CV, and any other relevant information
to Karyn Gleeson, Online Events Production Manager, email@example.com.