Session Materials Instructions
In this section, you’ll find the steps and guidelines needed to organize and prepare the materials for your session. If you have any additional questions, please reach out to the Program team at programs@eLearningGuild.com.
- Do I have to provide session materials?
- Concurrent or Stage Session: What kind of session materials can I submit?
- Workshop: What kinds of session materials can I submit?
- Are there any materials I can’t share?
- What kind of presentation deck should I submit?
- How should I format my materials?
- How do I need to name my files?
- How do I submit my session materials?
Do I have to provide session materials?
No. It’s up to you what you choose to share with attendees. If you will not have session materials, please notify programs@eLearningGuild.com by June 6, 2018.
Concurrent or Stage Session: What kind of session materials can I submit?
The materials you submit should either directly share content from your session and/or enhance the topic further, either during the session or afterwards. Your materials can include:
- your slide deck
- resource lists
- job aids
- cheat sheets
We also recommend including your contact information in your materials—the end of your presentation deck is often a good place.
NOTE: Session materials will be available to attendees digitally on the event resource page and in the event app. They will not be printed.
Workshop: What kinds of session materials can I submit?
Much like conference sessions, workshop materials should share the content from your workshop and/or enhance it. These materials are printed and given to attendees at the start of the workshop, so you may wish to think about what you submit as more of a single workbook than a number of separate files. Consider what resources you include and what order you include them in to provide the most context and value to attendees.
NOTE: Workshop materials are only printed. They are not available on the event resource page or the event app.
Are there any materials I can’t share?
There are two kinds of content that cannot be used: promotional materials or materials you do not have permission to share.
What kind of presentation deck should I submit?
There’s not one “right” kind of presentation deck. However, we do encourage you to go beyond just bullet points. Keep your presentation materials sleek, to the point, and visually engaging. We also encourage you to think beyond your presentation materials and consider what ways you can engage your audience and enhance the learning experience.
While not required, an event PowerPoint template is available for you to use for your presentation. This template includes a branded event title slide and transitional slide.
If you choose not to use this template, we do request that you insert the template title slide in to the beginning of your slide deck when submitting your session materials.
NOTE: The resolution of our projector screens will be 1024x768. They can accommodate slides in both 4:3 and 16:9 format.
How should I format my materials?
Please submit your presentation deck as a PowerPoint or PDF file. Before submitting, we recommend checking your presentation deck for readability and spelling/grammar errors. As we will be converting this file to PDF, also ensure any animated slides do not have any unintended overlapping text or graphics.
All other session materials can be sent as either Word, PowerPoint, Excel, or PDF file. All session materials will have an event cover added.
NOTE: The file size for your session materials should not exceed 10MB. If one or more of your files is larger than 10MB, you will need to host the file elsewhere and create a link to provide participants. This link should be submitted to us in a Word document or PowerPoint slide.
How do I need to name my files?
R18 = the code for 2018 Realities360
### = your session number (such as 401, P1, MM101, etc)
NAME = the last name of the presenter(s)
Type-of-file = what the file is (presentation, resources, exercise, etc.)
- The slide deck for Session 999 presented by speaker Smith.
- The slide deck for Session 999 presented by speakers Jones and Smith.
- Two files for Session 999 presented by speaker Smith: the presentation file and a supplemental file.
How do I submit my session materials?
- Workshop materials must be submitted by May 30, 2018 in order to be printed.
- All other materials you wish to have available during the event on the event resource page and in the mobile app must be sent by June 6, 2018.
- Please submit only final files. All materials should be submitted to programs@eLearningGuild.com by or before the due date.
- If you are not able to meet the deadline please contact programs@eLearningGuild.com by or before the due date.