- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Working with SMEs: Hard-Knock Lessons Learned
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2018
Subject matter experts (SMEs) are the keepers of knowledge and know-how, but working with them can be a challenging experience. How do you get the SME to share their knowledge and know-how with you? What should you do if the SME provides too much information—or not enough?
In this session, you will explore real-life scenarios to learn how to interact with SMEs to obtain content, and come away with a game plan on how to approach your next project. To accomplish this, you will explore tips on how to build relationships with the SME, identify various approaches to obtain content, and formulate a plan to recognize what worked or did not work with a particular SME to make future adjustments.
In this session, you will learn:
- To utilize a three-step approach to working with SMEs
- Ways to build a relationship with SMEs
- Various approaches to obtain content from SMEs
- To recognize what worked or did not work with a particular SME to make future adjustments
Novice and intermediate designers.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Contract eLearning Instructional Designer
- Digital Learning Specialist
Remote (+/- 3 hours from CET)
- Digital Learning Designer
- Learning Specialist
Richmond, BC, Canada
- Candid Learning Curriculum Development and Train the Trainer