- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Increasing “Stickiness” with Mobile Coaching Platforms
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 26, 2018
Associate Vice President, Solution Architecture and Innovation Strategy
Ken Blanchard Companies
The Ken Blanchard Companies
L&D is evolving and bringing you new ways to reach your learners by reaching beyond the classroom and into the workflow. It’s what modern learners expect. But how do you transcend eLearning or live training events and bring knowledge into the workflow in contextual ways that increase retention, and that create intentional refocus and additional application opportunities?
One set of productivity tools that shows incredible promise is mobile coaching platforms (MCPs). While there are numerous players in the field, offering different features and functions, this session will cover these tools in two categories: video and SMS coaching. You’ll examine ideal use cases, see a few examples in practice, discuss challenges and barriers, and learn how to gain sponsor support to burst out of the classroom and into your learners’ hands—right where they are doing the work. The session will close with a conversation about the practitioner learning curve for these tools and how to get started.
In this session, you will learn:
- What MCPs are, and how they can up your training and performance support game
- How some companies are using MCPs as training reinforcement and as performance support
- How to talk about these new tools with your partners or clients, and what you need to get started
- About the practitioner learning curve and what you can do to reduce that, starting today
Designers, managers, and senior leaders (directors, VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
Technology discussed in this session:
Video coaching (practice—screen caps from actual work); chatbots (Mobile Coach—screen caps and an actual chatbot opt-in experience for participants); and The Everyday Coach (GP’s custom mobile coaching app with screen captures of the authoring backend).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer
- Training Development Manager
- Instructional Designer