- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
We’re Going Mobile! (OK, But How?)
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 24, 2018
Senior Vice President Design
Chief Operating Officer and Senior Designer
When you move toward designing and delivering mobile learning experiences, many common questions come up. How do you shrink a complex, computer-based, live learning experience down to mobile size for learners on the go? How can you teach nuanced, sophisticated soft skills to a senior-level audience using a mobile platform? What’s different and challenging about designing mobile courseware?
Designing effective and engaging courses for mobile delivery presents a new set of challenges. In this session, you’ll walk through a process for mobile instructional design that addresses practical solutions to constraints such as small screen size, limited typing, and short learning windows. You’ll also take a closer look at a case study to learn about a design and prototyping process that resulted in a mobile learning solution praised by senior-level practitioners for its ease of use and depth of content.
In this session, you will learn:
- About challenges encountered in mobile course design
- Creative solutions to optimize learning and engagement without sacrificing usability in mobile delivery
- Strategies, techniques, and tips to deliver soft-skills training in a mobile format
- A successful design and prototyping approach to mobile course development
Designers, developers, managers, and senior leaders (directors, VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
Technology discussed in this session:
Course design and delivery for iPhone users.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer
- Training Development Manager
- Instructional Designer