- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
10 Principles for an Effective Org Social Learning Strategy
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 24, 2018
Sr. Manager, Programming
The eLearning Guild
A recent survey by Donald H. Taylor, chairman of the Learning and Performance Institute, revealed that enterprise collaboration is falling out of favor with L&D. Forrester Research has shown that roughly 80 percent of enterprise social platform implementations fail. In recent years, social technology has fractured into social intranets, enterprise social networks, and chat platforms. What are we to make of this? Has social lost its way? Have expectations been overinflated? Should L&D let go … or do more?
In this session, you’ll examine the real value that social technology can bring to an organization through the examination of 10 principles you can leverage to guide your own efforts. You will learn strategies to set the stage for success and how to present data to paint an accurate picture of incremental workforce transformation. Finally, you’ll explore the methods you can take to grow greater partnerships with employees, management, and executives to grow work networks and increase the engagement, innovation, and agility your organization demands.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to cut through the bells and whistles and get back to the foundation of social
- How to use your L&D skills to support workflow learning
- Examples of approaches used to move individuals and groups forward
- Tips on how to identify, capture, and promote the right data to drive decisions
- Why ROI and ROE have no value and are merely vanity metrics
Managers, directors, and senior leaders.
Technology discussed in this session:
Enterprise social technology including, but not limited to, Yammer, Jive, WorkPlace, and Slack.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer
- Training Development Manager
- Instructional Designer