- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The 7 Deadly Sins of Video Production
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2018
Learning & Video Ambassador
In a landscape of increasing video creation, many learning professionals are approaching video without formal training. This is an amazing opportunity and challenge that brings with it the need to understand what can make videos not work. And while video has gotten easier to create, it’s just as easy (if not easier) to make a bad video. This session will look at seven “gotchas” that video creators should know about.
To build your video creation skills, you need to know more than just how your equipment works and what makes a good instructional video—you’ll also want to uncover what problems and issues commonly arise in video production and what you can do about them. In this session, you’ll explore seven “deadly sins” of video creation. While they won’t kill you, they can make your production more frustrating and your final video less effective. You’ll take a closer look at these common video creation mistakes and find out what you can do to avoid or overcome them.
In this session, you will learn:
- The dangers of not getting to know what your equipment can do
- Why you should avoid thinking you’ll “fix it in post”
- How not to fail at framing your video
- How to ensure your lighting is at its best
- Why you can’t ignore your audio
- Tips for keeping your video moving
- How to edit with the end destination in mind
Designers and developers.
Technology discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer
- Training Development Manager
- Instructional Designer