- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Emerging Skills for L&D to Enable the Future of Work
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2018
Learning, Performance & Innovation Strategist
The world is gripped by accelerated change, and the need to learn and adapt is taking center stage; yet ironically, L&D professionals continue to struggle for relevance and impact. Instead of being sought-after business partners, practitioners are often marginalized as order-takers for narrow training solutions. The challenge is one of urgent relevance as L&D must quickly learn and adapt to better enable the future of work.
This session first identifies key trends in the future of work that will impact you and your organization. Next, it outlines strategies that you can prioritize to enable people amid those trends. Finally, it highlights emerging skill clusters that you and your team require to address these challenges and stay relevant. A must for L&D professionals wanting to boost their value by adopting emerging, in-demand skills, the session will highlight practical strategies to upskill and experiment in these domains. Topics include approaches to effectively contextualize, combine, and develop capability in design thinking, data literacy, marketing, systems design, and performance consulting.
In this session, you will learn:
- About four key trends influencing the future of work
- Priority L&D strategies to enable people in that future
- About the centrality of experience design, continuous learning, and data moving forward
- About priority skill clusters to develop in yourself and your team
- About the particular competitive edge of combining design thinking and data analytical mindsets
- Simple next steps to begin upskilling yourself and your team in various skill clusters
Designers, managers, and senior leaders (directors, VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
Technology discussed in this session:
Blended learning, performance ecosystems, data, and xAPI.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
- Manager, Customer Service/Operations, Trauma Education
Chicago, IL, USA
- Education Technology Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
- Instructional Designer International projects