- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Wonder Woman, Wakanda, and Work: Make Your eLearning Representative
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2018
Sr. Learning Specialist
You know that most media—including eLearning—is failing at representation. You see it every day. And not only is it leaving people out of the picture, it’s less effective as a result. Maybe you’ve tried to make your work more inclusive but haven’t been able to find great media, haven’t been able to convince your stakeholders, or simply aren’t confident in navigating how to respectfully represent different genders, ethnicities, orientations, and abilities.
In this session, you’ll explore how to make authentic representation happen in your work and in your organization for more inclusive and effective learning solutions. You’ll find out about methods for crafting authentic representation in your projects and discover sources for media that can enhance that representation even further. You’ll also discuss strategies for getting your team, partners, and/or clients on board with how making authentic representation a priority helps both your audience and the organization as a whole.
In this session, you will learn:
- Simple methods to incorporate better representation in your learning solutions
- Sources for media that reflect your focus on authentic, diverse, and dignified representation
- How to increase your own confidence and proficiency in respectfully presenting characters that speak to all learners
- How to promote the value of authentic representation in your organization
Designers, developers, and managers.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer
- Training Development Manager
- Instructional Designer