- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Change Is a Journey Through Conflict: Be the Hero’s Guide
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2018
Master Story Crafter
Have you ever been offered unsolicited advice? If so, you know that advice received before you’re ready falls on deaf ears. The same thing happens at work when training is offered before the need is clear. The need for change is like a journey that your reluctant heroes face. Knowing the phases of this journey helps you plan for guidance at the right time. Everyone knows that the Hero’s Journey is a tool for writing good fiction stories, but what if it could be modified to accommodate common models of conflict resolution?
In this session, you’ll design a model for helping people navigate the difficult path of changing behavior. Heroes need a guide, but not until they’re ready. They need time to process a call to performance. Then they’ll need to know what they have to do and which tools will help them achieve that goal. This session offers you the (literal) map for the journey of conflict.
In this session, you will learn:
- A model for helping people adopt new behaviors
- How timing different phases of your project plays an important role in achieving your objectives
- How to balance two important factors in behavior modification: driving forces and restraining forces
- How to identify the best tools for achieving success, some of which are neither a tangible object nor a digital solution
Designers, developers, managers, and senior leaders (directors, VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer
- Training Development Manager
- Instructional Designer