- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
BYOD: Creating Engaging AR Learning Experiences on a Low Budget
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 24, 2018
Face-to-face learning events (meetings, onboarding, team-building, ILT courses, etc.) are often confined to a closed space like a training room. What if you could go beyond the room without leaving the physical space? What if you wanted the org chart, or the company history on the wall, to come alive? What if you could augment reality with meaningful clues to collect in order to solve a puzzle? With low budget?
Bring your Apple or Android device! First, you will experience a simple augmented scavenger hunt using your phone or tablet. Ordinary pictures will come alive. In the second part of the session, you will go behind the scenes. You will explore three applications that work together to create engaging augmented reality learning experiences on a relatively low budget: the ClueKeeper scavenger hunt app, the Zappar augmented reality app, and one more. At the end of the session, the group will brainstorm some practical ideas for you to take home.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to design an augmented reality scavenger hunt
- How to engage users to explore new products, intranet, or applications in your organization
- How to create an illusion of static pictures coming alive
- How to use physical cards that turn into how-to videos in your hand
Designers, developers, managers, and senior leaders (directors, VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
Technology discussed in this session:
Augmented reality (through the integration of ClueKeeper and Zappar apps), and photo manipulation into GIFs or videos.
ClueKeeper app on Apple or Android devices.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
- Manager, Customer Service/Operations, Trauma Education
Chicago, IL, USA
- Education Technology Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
- Instructional Designer International projects