- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
xAPI: An Introduction for Instructional Designers
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 24, 2018
As adoption of xAPI begins to take hold, it allows for more robust and interesting tracking of the learning process. As actual performance and results data are integrated with learning metrics, designers will have the necessary data to tailor the learning process to individual needs at the same time that they can draw more useful conclusions about learning as a whole across a wider population.
After a brief introduction to xAPI and what’s new about it from the instructional design side, this session will cover three key areas that impact instructional design: (1) identifying learning data needs, data sources, and meaningful visualizations that answer organizational and L&D questions; (2) making choices about infrastructure—how and when to work with your LMS, your LRS, or both; and (3) models for taking advantage of xAPI across a variety of learning vectors: formal and informal, social and private, formative and summative, predictable and variable.
In this session, you will learn:
- To identify new challenges in your work as an instructional designer
- To describe the impact that xAPI can have on your organization’s learning and performance strategies
- To identify data needs and likely sources within the organization to meet
- To choose one or more first projects that leverage xAPI’s capabilities beyond what’s available in SCORM today
Designers, developers, and managers.
Technology discussed in this session:
Experience API (xAPI).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library