- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Did You Hear That? No Studio? No Problem!
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 24, 2018
Everyone knows that person who has a heavy footstep, a booming laugh, or talks way too loud, and it always seems to be magnified when recording audio. Often you’re working in less-than-ideal environments, trying to make the best of what you’ve got, and you don’t always have time or tools for editing. When you don’t have a professional studio to record audio, the struggle is very real.
Did you hear that? Didn’t think so. In this session, you will learn techniques to help turn a less-than-ideal recording situation into something more manageable. From setting up equipment to final publishing, a few simple steps can improve audio recording quality. On the other hand, if you are next to a busy road with sirens and horns going off almost hourly, editing is a must. Don’t feel pressured to re-record! With a few clicks, that wailing siren can be quieted or removed altogether—all without a recording studio.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to calibrate a microphone so it only records what you want it to
- How to address some of the most common recording challenges, like the “pop” you get at the “p” and “th” sounds
- Considerations in setting up your recording space
- How to edit audio and remove ambient noise
Designers, developers, and managers.
Technology discussed in this session:
Laptops, microphones, Adobe Audition, and Audacity.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Digital Learning Specialist
Remote (+/- 3 hours from CET)
- Digital Learning Designer
- Learning Specialist
Richmond, BC, Canada
- Candid Learning Curriculum Development and Train the Trainer
- Instructional Design Specialist
New York, NY