- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
LMS, LRS, LXP, and More: Exploring the Learning Platforms Landscape
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 24, 2018
Executive Vice President, Executive Director
The Learning Guild
For decades, there was only one dominant learning platform that most training departments used: the learning management system (LMS). However, in recent years the learning platforms landscape has expanded. Not only have LMSs evolved over time, but additional platforms—such as LRSs, LXPs, and more—are also growing in functionality and popularity for learning and performance. This makes an organization’s decision on learning platforms much more complex, as it’s no longer a discussion of which platform, but which suite of platforms will meet an organization’s needs.
This session will explore how the growing array of platforms compete, coexist, and work to serve the diverse needs of today’s workforce. We will examine technology-driven performance ecosystems and how workers leverage multiple systems. We will make sense of current systems, explore what’s coming next, and examine how different platforms complement and compete with one another.
In this session, you will learn:
- The differences between the types of learning platforms
- Key questions to ask when seeking a new learning platform
- About the core functionality learning platforms add to an organization
- About the new functionality the learning platforms are introducing to L&D
Designers, developers, and managers.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
- Manager, Customer Service/Operations, Trauma Education
Chicago, IL, USA
- Education Technology Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
- Instructional Designer International projects