- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Cardboard: Inside a Rapid VR for Learning Project
Realities360 2018 Conference - June 27, 2018
Program Manager, Technical Curriculum
Amazon Web Services
Chief Solutions Architect
The Ken Blanchard Companies
Virtual reality (VR) has been a hot topic in the L&D space. Its use in the field is growing, and now you can move past theory and explore real examples of VR as a learning solution. You can see the real-world experience that incorporates VR, and find out what exactly you need to create a meaningful learning experience.
In this session, you’ll get an inside look at a real VR project from idea to launch. You’ll learn how a team planned out the VR solution, what design and development processes they used, what obstacles they encountered, how they tested and implemented the final project, and what feedback they received. This behind-the-scenes look will give you insights on the lessons learned from this project and show you what you’ll need to think about as you start your own VR project.
People with laptops, tablets, or smartphones will be able to follow along with creation of assets, but it is not required for the session.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the technical requirements for building a VR learning solution
- How to develop a visual, detailed design document for a VR learning solution
- About the various components used to create a 3-D VR solution
- Best practices for creating a VR learning solution
Designers and developers.
Technology discussed in this session:
Google Cardboard, 3-D graphics, and VR environments.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA
- Training & Development Instructional Designer (Mid-Career)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States