- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
How Content Curation and Knowledge Management Can Help Us Thrive
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2018 - March 28, 2018
Marc Rosenberg and Associates
We are facing a knowledge tsunami—the sheer amount of content available is increasing at an exponential rate, while the shelf life of that content is shrinking dramatically. It can be overwhelming, not just to learners, but to us as well. As we look at the content we develop and publish, we have to ask some very important questions. Is it good content? Is it the right content for the right purpose? Is it up-to-date? Is it understandable? And even when we are confident in our content, we have to make sure it gets to the right people, at just the right time.
This presentation focuses on the two major tactics to avoiding a knowledge tsunami: content curation and knowledge management. Both are important; you can’t have one without the other. In this session, you’ll learn about the rationale for and the strategies behind content curation and knowledge management, and why these two approaches are so critical as L&D moves forward. From SMEs and instructional designers, to L&D leaders, the knowledge tsunami is a fact of our professional lives, and it’s time to face it head on.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why the two tactics of knowledge management and content curation are so powerful together
- Why these two tactics are of particular importance to L&D
- Key knowledge management and content curation strategies you’ll want to consider
- Tips for implementing knowledge management and content curation strategies at your own organization
Intermediate and advanced designers, developers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VPs, CLOs, executives, etc.).
Technology discussed in this session:
This presentation will focus on general strategies for knowledge management and content curation rather than specific tools/technologies.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Contract eLearning Instructional Designer
- Digital Learning Specialist
Remote (+/- 3 hours from CET)
- Digital Learning Designer
- Learning Specialist
Richmond, BC, Canada
- Candid Learning Curriculum Development and Train the Trainer