- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
BYOD: Just Make It Look Pretty
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2018 - March 27, 2018
Caitlin Steinbach Locke
Learning Strategist/Project Manager
You’ve put hours into analyzing content, spent days painstakingly storyboarding your product and drafting the scripts, and carefully thought through navigation choices—and yet, when you show it to your client or stakeholders, you’re still met with “Great, but can you make it look nicer/better/modern/pretty?” What more can you do when you’ve utilized sound learning theory and development strategies, but you’re still expected to be a graphic designer on top of it all?
In this session, you’ll explore how the combination of just a few fundamental principles of design can make what you create look more coherent and fluid, even if you’re not a trained graphic designer. You’ll learn how to analyze existing design, identify areas for improvement, and understand what principles and strategies can help you achieve a more aesthetically appealing design. Whether you consider yourself to have an aesthetic eye or not, these principles will enhance the presentation of your content in a way that will impress your audience and stakeholders.
In this session, you will learn:
- About basic principles of design that can quickly enhance your visual design skills
- How to analyze existing content and identify the weak areas of a design
- How to use design best practices to improve those weaknesses
- How to break down efficient designs into the fundamental design principles
Novice to intermediate designers and developers.
Participant technology requirements:
A laptop running Microsoft PowerPoint or Apple Pages.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA