- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Creating Robust Onboarding with the Tools You Already Have: A Case Study
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2018 - March 27, 2018
Web Developer, Asset Management Learning and Development
Director of Project Management & Instructional Design, Asset Management Talent Development
Effective onboarding can be pivotal for retaining new hires. Employees who don’t feel engaged often leave during the first year, costing the company up to five times their annual salary. At Fidelity, a percentage of employees were voluntarily leaving within 18 months of hire, many to pursue other opportunities. The onboarding experience needed a radical overhaul on a lean budget, both financially and in terms of organizational capital.
In this session, you will learn how Fidelity transformed its onboarding program into a customized, streamlined experience using existing technology, without massive cost outlays. You’ll learn how the change was implemented without extensive organizational capital to obtain buy-in. You’ll find out how automation was built without purchasing new applications and how the program accomplished a global reach without increasing human effort to run it. You’ll see how it saved managers’ time and organized the onboarding process by consolidating resources. Finally, you’ll see the results, including a 19 percent drop in new-hire separations in the first year.
In this session, you will learn:
- What components of an onboarding program are vital to new-hire success
- How to provide a consistent, immersive experience to help new hires stay engaged
- How to use technology you may already have to automate and customize the training process
- How to plan your program using the design thinking method for maximum impact
Novice to advanced designers, developers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
Technology discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA