- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
eLearning Boot Camp: All the Basics You Need to Get Started
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2018 - March 27, 2018
Sr. Manager of Marketing and Customer Engagement
No formal eLearning background or training? Don’t have the time to slow down and learn the basics? You’re not alone. If that sounds like you, you may feel like you’re always a beginner—struggling to catch up with books and articles filled with academic and technical terms that don’t align with your practical experiences.
Whether you’re brand-new to eLearning, just exploring it for your organization, or simply want some help filling in some knowledge gaps, what you need is a quick, plainspoken foundation of eLearning basics. And in this session, you’ll learn what you need to get started with eLearning, including a few characteristics that define eLearning, a simple explanation of how eLearning works, and the people, process, and tools that go into making it. You’ll also take a look at basic design and development processes you can follow to more smartly manage your eLearning projects.
In this session, you will learn:
- What distinguishes eLearning from other types of online learning
- About the technology used to create, share, and track eLearning courses
- The meanings behind many common industry acronyms like SCORM and LMS
- About a simple, universal eLearning design and development process
- About easy tools and tips for smartly managing your eLearning projects
Novice designers and developers. No prior knowledge of eLearning is required, but a basic understanding of web technology is helpful.
Technology discussed in this session:
eLearning tools, including everything from Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to explanations of what authoring tools are, what they do, and the function of the LMS in delivering and tracking eLearning.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA