- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Building the xAPI Learning Ecosystem of Your Dreams
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2018 - March 27, 2018
You’re excited about the promise of an xAPI-enabled world, but you’ve got a learning management system, a catalog full of SCORM-based courses that you need, and a handful of learning tool vendors that don’t use xAPI. What if you could get the most out of an LMS and an LRS at the same time as you move to your next-generation learning and performance infrastructure?
This session will start with the learner-facing tools that will capture your xAPI data: eLearning, mobile tools, performance support, social and informal activities, and data sources from the business. You’ll review your options when it comes to LRSs and how they work (or don’t work) with your LMS. Will you work with a standalone LRS? A front-end xAPI solution with a built-in LRS? Or an LRS that is aligned with your LMS and your current learning infrastructure? You’ll hear real-world stories of three different xAPI implementations to help you plot your organization’s course toward your next-generation learning ecosystem.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to combine activities from a variety of front-end learning tools into a coherent picture of learning and performance
- About the possibilities for your next-generation learning and performance infrastructure
- How to identify key partners in your business to engage as you migrate from SCORM to xAPI and all along the way
- From the experience of others who have implemented xAPI in their organizations
Intermediate to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.). A basic understanding of xAPI and learning management systems will be useful.
Technology discussed in this session:
xAPI, SCORM, LMS, and LRS.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Learning Management System Administrator
- eLearning Coordinator & Developer
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer