- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Game Changer: Playing Your Way Through Niche or Dry Content
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 27, 2017
Learning & Development Specialist
We’ve all had it happen—your employees did the compliance training, the required certification, the new content module, etc.—but a week later you realize that they retained nothing. Companies often overlook content that begs to be gamified—the very niche, complex, or boring content. Your new-hire orientations, compliance training, and required or annual certifications that your employees complete because they have to are the exact training that require your gamification investment to ensure the content isn’t glossed over and that your employees actually learn and retain the content and skills they need to succeed at work.
In this session, you’ll learn how a three-day PowerPoint lecture series for new-hire orientation was revitalized by gamifying the experience, leaving lasting impact on its learners and making waves in the field of learning and development. You’ll learn all the game elements that you need to take niche or dry content and turn it into engaging in-person or online games that your employees will talk about for months. You’ll walk away with ways to break major functions of your organization into a game that feels both approachable and grounded in reality. Design an unforgettable experience that will promote your learning objectives and have sustainable impact!
In this session, you will learn:
- Why gamification is so effective for making niche content accessible and engaging
- How to work with SMEs to tease out vital content
- About specific ways in which gamification cultivated empathy among participants for the work performed by their colleagues
- About game design elements that break down silos across the organization and enable people to see how their specific role impacts others across the company
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
Technology discussed in this session:
Articulate Storyline 2 and Microsoft SharePoint.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Contract eLearning Instructional Designer
- Digital Learning Specialist
Remote (+/- 3 hours from CET)
- Digital Learning Designer
- Learning Specialist
Richmond, BC, Canada
- Candid Learning Curriculum Development and Train the Trainer