- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Case Study: Integrating UX Design and Gamification
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2017
Senior Learning UX Specialist
You may have heard about user experience (UX) design. You probably know a thing or two about gamification by now. But what does it mean to apply them together to create an engaging learning experience? What new angles do you need to think of when bringing the two together, and how can combining these two concepts lead to a greater impact on your audience than they could accomplish alone?
In this case-study session, you’ll learn how Rogers Communications successfully integrated UX design and gamification into an online training course. You’ll find out how to move from principles into practice with both concepts; how common UX ideas like user testing and visual design can specifically enhance gamified experiences; and how to adapt to the common challenges you might face when creating a project that blends gamification and thoughtful UX design together. You’ll also learn how to use UX as the overall framework for any engagement technique you adopt.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the value of adopting UX as a framework to drive engagement and positive user experiences
- How user research, visual design, and interaction design contribute to a gamified course experience
- How to get started with user research activities, such as usability testing
- About the challenges and successes of implementing UX into learning design
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, and managers.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library