- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Immersive Learning and the Future of Workplace Learning
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2017
Designing Digitally, Inc.
Workplace learning is a two-way relationship between a company’s desire to stay competitive and employees’ need for information to engage job functions. With the struggle for competitive advantage expected to only accelerate, it pays dividends to create a flexible and technology-enabled learning ecosystem that can foster the future generations in the workforce.
In this session, you will discuss the best practices that organizations need to consider in order to support today’s workforce and remain competitive. You will explore examples including the use of mobile technology, the adoption of social learning tools, increased alignment with corporate objectives, the use of adaptive learning principles, and the ability to measure effectiveness. You will also learn about short-term and long-term approaches to workplace learning, including virtual reality, gamification, serious games, and augmented reality for the workplace.
In this session, you will learn:
- Best practices to ensure a successful approach to corporate training and workplace learning
- How to ensure employees stay ahead of the curve with training
- Best practices to ensure that you are equipped to approach future learners and generations entering the workforce
- What new technologies you will see more of in L&D in upcoming years
Intermediate to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
discussed in this session:
HTC Vive and the Leap Motion controller.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Manager, Customer Service/Operations, Trauma Education
Chicago, IL, USA
- Education Technology Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
- Instructional Designer International projects
- Instructional Designer
Fairfield, CA, United States
- Instructional Design Advisor - Remote
Remote or California