- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The Next Big Thing Is Small: 20 Pros and Cons of Microlearning
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2017
Director of eLearning
Director of Development
Microlearning is everywhere. Your clients or L&D leaders may be pressuring you to use it everywhere. For everything. Oh, and by the way, for cheap. But when should it be used—and when should it not be used? Microlearning is a small and powerful tool, but it may not be the answer to every learning dilemma.
This discussion-based session explores 10 tips for why using microlearning in engaging and effective ways can benefit your organization or clients. You’ll explore how microlearning can be a tool that empowers learners to pull information in their moment of need or continually keep information they learned in formal sessions fresh and top of mind. However, microlearning is not meant to address every learning need. So, you’ll also explore 10 arguments against using microlearning for your organization or clients. Along the way, you’ll learn about the various formats and modalities microlearning can take.
In this session, you will learn:
- About signs that may indicate microlearning is the best answer to a learning need
- When it may be best to avoid micro courses as a form of learning
- Tips and tricks to make your microlearning “sticky” and not just flashy
- About the formats that microlearning can take (hint: it isn’t just video!) and examples of their use
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Various eLearning and video authoring and editing tools.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
- Manager, Customer Service/Operations, Trauma Education
Chicago, IL, USA
- Education Technology Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
- Instructional Designer International projects