- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
BYOL: Building Your 1st L&D Chatbot
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 27, 2017
Over the past few months and years, you’ve been hearing about the impact that artificial intelligence will have on daily life and work. Today, robots are replacing humans for certain jobs, there’s lots of buzz around deep learning, and people can talk to chatbots. But what is AI, and how will it affect learning and development? How can you start experimenting with AI and the possibilities of chatbots for learning?
This session will provide a short introduction to AI and the good practices that are already being established in L&D. You’ll start by setting up your very own chatbot environment; then you’ll define the purpose of your chatbot and start writing your first scenarios. Once you’ve done that, you will select an application and learn how to integrate your chatbot into the app (Messenger, Slack, etc.). One thing is certain: You’ll get to know the possibilities of AI and how to use it in your own organization, starting with your own L&D chatbot!
In this session, you will learn:
- About the basics of artificial intelligence
- About the possibilities of AI for L&D
- About the possibilities of chatbots
- How to create your own chatbot
- How to integrate your chatbot into a platform of your choice
Novice designers and developers.
discussed in this session:
Chatfuel, Flow XO, IBM Watson, Slack, Facebook Messenger, and Twilio.
Laptop; having a free Flow XO account is helpful but not required.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Learning Management System Administrator
- eLearning Coordinator & Developer
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer