- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Driving Student Employability with Corporate-Sponsored Badging Programs
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 26, 2017
Sr. Director and Badge Lead
Senior Program Manager, Innovation and Growth Initiatives
Sr. Business Program Manager—Certification
U.S. News and World Report named alternative credentials one of the top five education trends to watch in 2017. IBM and Microsoft are leading this trend by offering career-oriented training and learning pathways, as an alternative to traditional universities and in partnership with universities worldwide. Learners who demonstrate knowledge and competency earn open badges that are easily shared to job sites and professional networks like LinkedIn.
In this session, you will discover how IBM and Microsoft use multiple channels to distribute state-of-the-art, work-focused programs that complement and connect with academic institutions to provide training for in-demand skills. You’ll learn about the types of badges that drive learner engagement, progression of learning, and employment opportunities. You’ll find out how real-time verification of learning achievements cements badge value for learners and employers, while exploring how competencies identified in badges are enhancing employability for learners.
In this session, you will learn:
- How companies like IBM and Microsoft are connecting with academic institutions to provide training for in-demand skills
- Which types of badges drive learner engagement, progression of learning, and employment opportunities
- How organizations use badge program performance data to quantify learner engagement, inform learning program design, and drive strategy
Novice to advanced directors and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.). A working knowledge of (or interest in) the development of work-ready skills and alternative credentials is helpful but not required.
discussed in this session:
Digital open badge platforms, learning management systems (LMSs), strategic information systems (SISs), association management systems (AMSs), and customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
- Manager, Customer Service/Operations, Trauma Education
Chicago, IL, USA
- Education Technology Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
- Instructional Designer International projects