- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
BYOL: Low-Cost, High-Impact AR Experiences
Realities360 2017 Conference & Expo - July 28, 2017
Program Manager, Technical Curriculum
Amazon Web Services
The Ken Blanchard Companies
Augmented reality allows you to create an immersive experience for learners. AR can combine images, sound, movies, games, search engines, databases, social media, and the web and explode them across the physical world, revealing invisible stories around products, processes, and operations. But what makes a compelling AR experience that makes learning stick, and how can you get started creating AR content?
In this hands-on session, you’ll find out how to design and create low-cost AR learner experiences that pack a punch. You’ll explore a wide range of budget-friendly AR authoring tools, learn about their strengths and weaknesses, and identify how to design around them. You’ll also investigate which AR experiences work best across different learning solutions, allowing you to target the experience you create to the context and situation it will be used in.
In this session, you will learn:
- Which AR experiences are most likely to create sticky learning
- About the functions and limitations of several current AR authoring tools
- What current AR viewers are like through a live demo
- Best practices of mobile AR design
- How to prepare an AR experience design plan
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Layar, Playme, Zap, Aurasma, EasyAR, WakingApp, and ARToolKit SDK.
A smartphone or tablet (Android or iOS) and a laptop.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Manager, Customer Service/Operations, Trauma Education
Chicago, IL, USA
- Education Technology Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
- Instructional Designer International projects
- Instructional Designer
Fairfield, CA, United States
- Instructional Design Advisor - Remote
Remote or California