- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
VR and Emotion: Making Your Content Immersive and Meaningful
Realities360 2017 Conference & Expo - July 26, 2017
Senior Instructional Design Media Manager
As an instructional designer, trainer, or coach, how do you turn the lessons you develop into realities that the learner can appreciate, retain, and react appropriately to? Many training solutions struggle to simulate authentic experiences because the training is either designed to prevent something (like sexual harassment) or to prepare for a rare scenario (such as responding to a medical emergency).
In this session, you will learn how a basic eLearning course on recovering angry clients was turned into an immersive experience that not only enforced those bullet points found in the course, but also caused an emotional reaction within the VR activity, aided in retention of the information learned, and empowered the learner to act in real-life situations.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to modestly introduce VR into asynchronous learning
- How to build VR for scalable distribution
- How to generate an emotional response through appropriately developed VR
- How to turn case studies into (virtual) reality
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
in this session:
360fly cameras, Google Cardboard, iPad, Articulate Storyline 2, Adobe Premiere, and Adobe After Effects.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
- Manager, Customer Service/Operations, Trauma Education
Chicago, IL, USA
- Education Technology Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
- Instructional Designer International projects