- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Does Gamification Work? Assessing Results Through Data and User Testing
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 20, 2017
Director, Product Innovation and Business Intelligence
Sears Holdings Corporation
It’s not unusual to find gamification elements in software applications across nearly every industry, but only a fraction of these platforms prove to have significant impact on performance. While individual gamification elements may increase engagement and enhance performance, they often are not designed with the user in mind, and there are not enough analytics integrated into the process to assess effectiveness.
In this case study session, you will explore the design process of an award-winning gamification product at Sears Holdings. You will discover how a team designed this project using continuous prototyping and constant engagement with its intended users. You will explore how the team continuously leveraged user-generated data to optimize the gamification experience. You will walk through the entire business case and understand the business problem that the gamification product was designed to solve, and the specific framework the team used in order to ensure the product would impact associate performance.
In this session, you will learn:
- About a prototyping framework to help you ensure gamification is properly implemented in your learning and performance management tools
- How to leverage user testing methods to ensure gamification is effective
- A better understanding of how gamification analytics is done at SHC
- Lessons from a real business case that leveraged gamification to solve a crucial business problem
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Manager, Customer Service/Operations, Trauma Education
Chicago, IL, USA
- Education Technology Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
- Instructional Designer International projects
- Instructional Designer
Fairfield, CA, United States
- Instructional Design Advisor - Remote
Remote or California