- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
State of the Industry: cmi5 Support in Authoring Tools
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 21, 2017
Director of Client Services
With the ADL’s release of cmi5 in June 2016 as the xAPI profile for LMS/content communication, a wave of early-adopter authoring tools have embraced the specification. Other authoring tools have been slower to adopt cmi5, opting to rely on xAPI-enabled SCORM modules to extend tracking beyond the limited data points of SCORM.
In this session, you will explore commercially available authoring tool adoption of cmi5, including the structure of xAPI statements generated by those tools. More importantly, you will review how to use those statements for reporting on a variety of interactions within an online content module. In addition to reviewing authoring tools, the session will discuss critical differences between cmi5 and SCORM, including the advantages of cmi5 and possible migration plans for adopters.
In this session, you will learn:
- About cmi5 support for various authoring tools
- About the benefits and limitations of xAPI-enabled SCORM content
- About options for cmi5 adoption within an organization
- About the infrastructure needed to support xAPI and cmi5 within your organization
Intermediate to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Authoring tools, including iSpring and Obsidian Black; learning record stores (LRSs), including the ADL LRS and Watershed ADL Statement Viewer.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Manager, Customer Service/Operations, Trauma Education
Chicago, IL, USA
- Education Technology Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
- Instructional Designer International projects
- Instructional Designer
Fairfield, CA, United States
- Instructional Design Advisor - Remote
Remote or California