- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Making the Most of mLearning Tools, Templates, Models, and Patterns
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 21, 2017
Senior Director, Technology and Visual Design
Innovative Learning Group
mLearning developers spend a lot of time developing courses. Often, the programming is needlessly repetitive, which makes the work inefficient and increases costs. In other cases, the programming leads to undesirable trade-offs because engaging interactions can be difficult and time-consuming to develop. An investigation of how to reduce repetitiveness and improve engagement might lead one to think this problem could be easily resolved through tools or templates. However, it’s not that simple.
This session will draw on a mixture of practical mLearning development experience and widely accepted computer science principles to uncover the pros and cons of various mLearning authoring tools, templates, models, and patterns. Some of the approaches discussed will include reusable functions, separation of content and functionality, debugging functionality, selection of proper level of abstraction, and selection of appropriate level of rigor for reusability. The session will present real-world examples from actual mLearning courses and tools.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the strengths and weaknesses of tools, templates, models, and patterns
- About pros and cons of various authoring tools
- Tips for improving mLearning programming efficiency using authoring tool composition
- Tips for efficient mLearning programming in a variety of authoring tools
Intermediate to advanced developers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA