- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Story: The Wholistic Design Approach
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 23, 2017
Master Story Crafter
With tight timelines and rapid development tools, people on your team often find themselves on the hamster wheel of endless production. Out of context, this production machine seems very much alive and in sync with corporate needs. But is it? A six-word story experiment asked people to share their experience with corporate training—and not a single one of these stories offered a happy ending. Even with only six words, stories can weave an intricate web of emotions and events. What if you could capitalize on the power of story to redirect the efforts of your team and bring out everything human about your organization?
In this session, you’ll find out what an instructional story is and learn the three most powerful aspects of story that can transform your organization. Using instructional story design and a variety of technical options, you’ll address corporate learning needs with a wholistic approach, integrating technology, people, and information. Your organization will never be the same.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the difference between vignettes and instructional stories
- About the fundamental concepts for instructional story design
- About the three most powerful aspects of story for transforming organizations
- How to experiment with various technical and non-technical approaches of story distribution
- How to develop an action plan for building relationships that add to the corporate story
Intermediate to advanced designers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
discussed in this session:
PowToon, Aurasma, Poll Everywhere, survey tools, internal/external social sharing platforms, social brainstorming, email, xAPI, and a whole host of simple, complex, free, and expensive tools that can be used in new ways for instructional story design.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA