- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
How to Motivate Customers to Complete Training
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 22, 2017
Head of Training
In the customer training world, L&D professionals often have difficulty convincing their customers to complete coursework. This audience consists of busy professionals who increasingly want training they can take at their own pace, on their own time. While in theory this approach has benefits for both companies and customers, in practice there can be real challenges in trying to convince customers to prioritize this non-mandatory training over their other pressing work tasks and deadlines.
In this session, you’ll learn techniques to overcome the barriers associated with non-mandatory training and motivate your customers to make taking your courses a priority. You’ll explore the strategies and tactics behind using incentives to encourage people to complete training and understand the different stakeholders who need to get involved in order to make them happen. You’ll also learn how to use data to assess the effectiveness of your incentives so you can adjust your approach when necessary.
In this session, you will learn:
- About specific incentives that can encourage completion of non-mandatory training
- Techniques for implementing incentives across different organizations
- How to use data to evaluate incentives
- About the pros and cons of using gamification as an incentive for completing coursework
Novice to intermediate designers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Learning management system (LMS) and gamification software.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Instructional Development
- Learning Management System Administrator
- eLearning Coordinator & Developer
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA