- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
People First! Building an Employee-Centered Learning Ecosystem
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 22, 2017
Chief Learning Architect
Every organization is a complex ecosystem with a multitude of elements. Unfortunately, many L&D teams fail to take a holistic approach—or even recognize that L&D doesn’t own workplace learning on its own. Instead, they focus on their sphere of influence, which often revolves around formal training. Employees are left to struggle with mixed messages and contradictory priorities, which lessens the perceived value of L&D, stifles employee potential, and hinders long-term business growth.
In this session, you’ll find out more about what it means to take a people-first approach to workplace learning. You’ll start by exploring the components of a modern learning ecosystem, discussing how these elements support one another, and mapping these ecosystem components to familiar learning and performance tactics. You’ll then look at real-world examples of organizations that have applied this approach with measureable results. Finally, you’ll identify practical next steps you can take at your workplace to start the shift toward an employee-centered learning ecosystem.
In this session, you will learn:
- How a holistic, people-first approach to learning benefits your employees
- What the components of a modern learning ecosystem are
- How the layers of a modern learning ecosystem build upon and strengthen one another
- What guiding principles you can use to build your learning ecosystem framework
- How you can start the shift toward an employee-centered learning ecosystem
Intermediate to advanced managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.). Participants should have a foundational understanding of the learning ecosystem concept as well as general experience in corporate enterprise learning and performance strategy.
discussed in this session:
Enterprise social/knowledge-sharing technology, performance support technology, manager analytics/reporting dashboards, and behavior observation technology.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Senior Instructional Designer
- Training + Content Development Manager
- Remote: Instructional Designers for Computer Science Courses
- Instructional Designer I, Online Learning
- Learning Experience Designer