- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Dreaming of Electric Sheep: The Future of Learning
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 17, 2016
Author and Founder
Sea Salt Learning
In just a short span of time, a succession of technological advances have impacted L&D, from VHS tapes through to eLearning and mobile—and they’ve landed with mixed success. All have had an impact; none have been transformative. But that’s about to change as distributed technology and AI start to intersect with learning. The success of these technologies, though, depends on industry professionals. Are you ready?
In this participative session, you’ll explore the future of learning. You’ll experience a future-facing session where you’ll look not just at what is on your doorstep, but at the things you’ll need to put in place to shape tomorrow. This session will consider not specific technologies, but rather categories of technology and the ways they’ll transform learning, including the impacts of wearables on performance, AI on communication, and collaborative platforms on knowledge itself.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the true disruptions around the corner for the field of organizational learning
- How wearable tech and AI will fully contextualize and geolocate learning
- How these technologies will fully democratize and liberate learning
- About the risks for those organizations that don’t start to explore
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
discussed in this session:
Wearables (from Glass to Oculus, watches to phones) and AI platforms (specifically a research project out of SRI, as well as bots focused on storytelling and captioning activities).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Manager, Customer Service/Operations, Trauma Education
Chicago, IL, USA
- Education Technology Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
- Instructional Designer International projects
- Instructional Designer
Fairfield, CA, United States
- Instructional Design Advisor - Remote
Remote or California