- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Making Future-focused Platform Decisions with the xAPI
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 17, 2016
Head of Technology Innovation
UL Compliance to Performance
You’re excited about the promise of an xAPI-enabled world, but you currently have a learning management system and a host of SCORM-based courses that you can’t just get rid of. Early on, it can be difficult to see how you can stay flexible and manage this transition over time. But what if you could get the most out of both an LMS and an LRS (learning record store) at the same time that you move to your next-generation learning and performance infrastructure?
In this session, you’ll quickly review what an LRS is and how it’s both different from and similar to the LMS you already have. You’ll explore your LRS options and find out more about how they work (or don’t work) with your LMS. Should you work with a stand-alone LRS? A front-end xAPI solution with a built-in LRS? An LRS that is aligned with your LMS and your current learning infrastructure? This session will help you make that crucial decision as you plot your organization’s course toward your next-generation learning ecosystem.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the benefits of an LRS, both in contrast to and in combination with your LMS
- How to evaluate your LRS options
- About potential options for your next-generation learning and performance infrastructure
- Which key partners in your business to engage as you migrate from SCORM to the xAPI
Intermediate and advanced designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Learning management systems, learning record stores, and the xAPI.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Instructional Development
- Learning Management System Administrator
- eLearning Coordinator & Developer
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA